Garden City is a great place to do business! It is close to the University of Northern Colorado, downtown Greeley and The Junction at Evans (Evans’ revitalization project on Hwy 85). The Town has a 3% sales tax rate.

Grants & Rebates

Let the sales tax you’ve collected make a direct impact on your business. The Town of Garden City has grants to help you improve the appearance and exterior infrastructure of your property. The application process is easy, and applications are listed below.

Once you’ve completed an application, submit it to the Town Hall with estimates for the cost and pictures of the site before doing any renovations. You’ll have to speak to the Board of Trustees about your proposed project at a Town Board meeting and then come back when the project is finished with pictures and receipts to get payment.

In addition to grants, Garden City also offers Water Rebates for residents and business owners who keep their landscaping healthy throughout the summer.

Building Permits

Building Permits are required for most projects to ensure building codes are met. Check this pamphlet¬†provided by the Town’s Building Inspector or call the Town Hall at 970-351-0041 for more information.

Procedure for Contemporaneous Reviews of Electrical and Plumbing Licenses

Sign Permits

Sign Permits for permanent signs are required. We recommend familiarizing yourself with the sign code before planning a sign, both permanent and temporary.

Business Licenses

Business license fees are suspended for 2021, but you still must apply for and display a license. Existing businesses have received a letter and follow up email explaining the process. New businesses should submit a business license application (link below).

Business licenses are renewed annually. The cost is $25 for service and retail businesses and $50 for a private security business. Liquor license fees depend on the type of license.


Garden City has a cap on the number of licenses and limits on how close dispensaries can be to one another. At this time, there are no licenses and there is no space available.


Liquor licensing is complicated. Please call the Town Hall to make an appointment when applying for a new liquor license or to transfer an existing license. It is easier and cost effective to do it correctly the first time.

The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.