Residential FAQs

Do I need a building permit?

Check this brochure supplied by the Town’s Building Inspector.

Does my pet need to be registered?


Dogs need to be registered. Proof of rabies vaccine is required. If you provide proof that the dog has been neutered, the license fee is $5. Otherwise the fee is $10. The section of the code that discusses animals in more detail is here.

I got a notice about my weeds. What is the code?

Weeds are inevitable. Please try to keep them under 12″ tall. Read more about the code here: Chapter 7, Article 4

Where can I get more information about grants for my home?

There is a section on the Residents page that has some information and links to downloadable applications.