Changes as of March 19, 2019
- No fingerprinting is required for new security guards.
- All personnel carrying weapons of any kind or are wearing uniforms that identify the person as security are required to be licensed in the Town of Garden City, including bar or dispensary staff.
All applicants for new licenses and renewals will follow the same application process and be charged the same amount.
- 24 hours of security guard training is required. If you will be armed, a handgun training class is also required.
- Complete the Security Guard Application and sign the Criminal Background Check Acknowledgement (links below).
- Bring the application, training certificate(s), background check acknowledgement, and $25 to the Town Hall during regular business hours.
- The Police Department will run a comprehensive background check and will approve or deny the license within three business days.
- If approved, your license will be issued.
Note: Do not start the process on Friday morning and expect to work that weekend. While the process might be completed much faster, allow three business days.